Not all gentlemen’s clubs are created equal. Because while the best of the bunch include luxurious surroundings, good drinks and beautiful women, the worst might leave you questioning everything you thought you knew about this cherished leisure activity. We prefer the former. So bring some friends, entertain clients and explore the bounds of your expense account. These are 10 of the best strip clubs in America.
1. 4 Play, Los Angeles: Some of the hottest women in Southern California make a living at 4 Play, a comfortable, two-level club that’s full of leather couches, stages and themed rooms for private dances. If you’re hungry, they’ve got lunch, dinner and late-night dining, plus VIP bottle service to ensure everyone stays well hydrated. And once you leave, keep your eye on the credits of your favorite B movie. Because it’s very possible that your lap dance was performed by an aspiring starlet.
2. Scores, NYC: Here you’ve got 10,000 square feet spread over three floors, each with unique décor and atmospheres. State of the art audio keeps the music going, while dancers move among the bar, tables, and main stage and through private rooms and a presidential suite. Plus, the attached restaurant, Robert’s Steakhouse, is serving genuinely good dry-aged steaks and all the sides. So there’s really no reason to leave.
3. The Cheetah, Atlanta: Gentlemen’s clubs are as famous in Atlanta as they are prevalent. And this longtime favorite is known for the sheer number of women working at one time. With three stages and plenty of room to wander, the sight lines are always attractive. Throw in a high-end restaurant serving steaks, lobster tails and late-night breakfast, plus plenty of big screen TVs and a couple of 25-foot bars flanking the place, and you’re in for a good time.
4. Sapphire, Las Vegas: The day club and pool is where you want to be while the sun’s out. And then once nighttime rolls around, make your way inside to experience the largest strip club in Vegas at a formidable 70,000 square feet. That’s a lot of space to occupy, but you’ll be plenty busy visiting the multiple stages, picking up drinks at the four bars and finding many, many opportunities to divest yourself of money, as this place features more than 400 dancers nightly.
5. Scarlett’s Cabaret, Hallandale, FL: South Florida’s best strip club isn’t in Miami, but it’s close enough to make the trip. And you can feel free to stay until morning, because here there will be a cornucopia of sights, sounds and talented dancers spinning on poles until the sun comes up. And if you want to take a long lunch, this is your spot, as they serve it free on weekdays. Just try not to go back to work covered in body glitter.
6. Magic City, Atlanta: With a steady flow of young rappers, DJs, agents and music executives coming through the doors, getting your song played at Magic City might be your ticket to success. And if producing a hit single’s not on your agenda, you can still enjoy the sights and sounds of hip hop artists and athletes making it rain nightly with thousands and thousands of dollar bills showering fully nude dancers.
7. Penthouse Executive Club, NYC: It’s hard to say what’s more attractive, the venue itself or the dancers. (Just kidding, it’s the dancers.) But still, this place is opulent. A two-story atrium offers great views of the three main stages, as well as the two “sky stages,” which are suspended 20 feet above the ground. If that’s not enough, try one of the private themed suites with names like “the harem room.” Really.
8. The Lodge, Dallas: With its old school furnishing, stonework, wood paneling and animal head-adorned walls, you might think you’re visiting a ski lodge in the Rockies. But no, you’re in Dallas. And you’re inside one of the more sophisticated spots to condone nudity. Order some expensive wine, enjoy the views and treat yourself to a surprisingly good menu of steaks, seafood and prime rib.
9. Devil’s Point, Portland, OR: It’s been said that Portland has the most strip clubs, per capita, of any city in America. We’ve never bothered to count, but that sounds right. And at Devil’s Point, the rock and roll strip club has all the usual fare—you know, like acrobatic strippers and lap dances and stuff. But it’s also got Stripparaoke, which involves you singing while scantily-clad women dance around you.
10. Penthouse Club, New Orleans: There’s a real battle going on for your entertainment dollar in the Big Easy. So you’ve got to do something special to really stand out. Stocking your establishment with centerfold-quality dancers, plush seating and VIP suites qualifies, and that’s exactly what you’ll find at the Penthouse Club. Throw in the convenient location right off Bourbon Street, and you’re ready to pop in between bars or make a night of it with a special bachelor party package.